An intake specifies the start date and deadline of application period. Additionally, an intake also specifies the deadline policy of how the deadlines will be enforced whether strictly or allow a certain level of flexibility.
Intakes are centrally managed and intakes have to be attached to the programmes/mobilities in order to take effect and enable student applications for this programme/mobility.
Each intake is connected with an Academic Term. Intake specifies the policy and application dates and acts as if it was a channel, pointing to a specific term, channeling applications to the designated term.
The list of all the intakes can be seen and managed when you go to the My institution menu and the Intakes submenu.
1) Add/ remove ticks to filter Intakes and get a better overview. You can filter intakes based on Academic term or Intake phase. Click Filter to apply changes.
2) The intake name is meant for your own reference and is not visible to the applicant. Applicant will be shown the name of Academic term next to the Apply now! button. When you click on the intake name you will be able to edit the intake settings.
3) Intake period shows you when the Intake starts and when is the deadline. You can see the date, month and year. Between this period the specific intake is active and applicants can apply if the intake is assigned to a programme.
4) You can see the Term where the applicants will be placed when they apply through that specific intake.
5) You can see the intake phases to check for example if an intake is in use, expired or about to expire.
6) Click on “Assign to courses” to see the courses the intake is assigned to. There you can also assign other courses to the intake or remove them if needed.
7) When you click on the little tool icon you will see a menu that allows to perform different tasks related to that intake.
8) Click + Add a new intake to create a new intake from scratch.
9) Click “reuse intake” to carry over same intake dates for the next year.
When you click on “reuse intake” you will see a new pop up window that allows you to review the intake old and new dates.
1) You can see the dates that have been set for the intake.
2) New dates will be assigned to the intake to carry them over for next year.
3) If new dates are what you need, then click “Confirm changes”.
4) If you need to change the new dates click “Edit the intake manually” – you will be transferred to the in take where you can do all necessary changes manually.
Steps to set up or review your Intake
When you start a new intake or edit an existing one follow the below steps to review and fill all the fields. Always remember to click “Save changes” when you are done editing.
Add a name for your intake.
Add a date when the intake opens for applicants. Intake starts on that day on that month and year that you enter in the field.
Pre-deadline may be employed, if you want to motivate your applicants to apply well in advance. You have two options:
- Apply a pre-deadline, but show the actual final deadline to applicants as well
- Apply a pre-deadline and hide the actual final deadline from the applicants
Either way, you will be able to explain the pre-deadline to your applicants
You need to enter a Deadline for the intake. This is when the “Apply now!” becomes inactive. By default, the deadline is set to World. If you just have a general deadline at your institution, you can just set up one deadline for World as a region that means it will apply to everyone.You can have one deadline for the whole world or you can add region specific deadlines as well. When you click on “Do not allow to apply” you can disable the World deadline and only use regional deadlines.
Click + Add a deadline to enter additional deadlines for different regions. Insert the region by typing or scrolling through regions and confirm you will have a new deadline for another region. Continue by modifying the deadline for this region.
* Also make sure to choose the deadline policy you wish to use with the intake deadline. You have the chance to decide, whether the application deadline(s) are forced strictly or whether they enable a level of flexibility.
You may decide, whether the applicant is required to make a decision after getting an offer from the admission office. There are three options:
- No decision required
- Advised to decide in (number) days you may edit the number of days
- Required to decide in (number) days you may edit the number of days
Any applicant that has an active application (not in Closed status) as well as some confirmed accepted offers (Accepted,Conditionally accepted,Other) that require or advise a decision (as set by the administrator when making the offer) will be subject to periodic reminders urging the applicant to consider making the final decision as soon as possible.
You will be able to set the expected arrival and studies commence dates.
You should pay careful attention that the Studies commence date is set to later than the latest deadline you have specified.
Important! Deadlines and Studies commence date are connected!
Make sure that all deadlines of the intake are earlier than the Studies commence date (see section Arrival and commence in this article). Otherwise, the system will consider that this intake will open next year from now.
- The start of intake is 1st of February, deadline for applications is 31st of August and the Studies commence date is 1st of September, then the first upcoming academic term is considered to be relevant.
- The start of intake is 1st of February, last deadline for applications is 15th of September and the Studies commence date is 1st of September, then the system will consider not the upcoming, but the next academic term relevant and show this next to Apply now! button.
Once you have created an Intake, you should select, which Academic Term this intake is pointing to.
Save changes! And you’re done.