Each Task has Statuses – those are for the applicant to notify the administrators regarding the progress with the Task, or vice versa, for the administrators to notify applicants about the progress regarding certain admission processes.
It is possible to add, edit and delete statuses of a task – the article first explains editing a status and then demonstrates how to add or delete a status.
NB! Changes to Task statuses take immediate effect on the existing applicant options
The changes applied on the statuses, which applicants have already chosen, will automatically take effect on the choices already made by applicants in the system.
An example may be that you decide to reorder the task options, by renaming the statuses. Done in the middle of the season, this may cause a lot of confusion. For example, a status “Approved” will be changed into “Not approved” in the process of reordering statuses. An applicant may have already chosen the status “Approved”, which now stands for “Not approved”, reflecting the opposite of the initial choice.
As there is no optimal way to recover from this confusion, we recommend to change statuses with care.
Navigate to Statuses
Follow the guidelines of the tutorial to locate the Statuses. You will find the Statuses in the bottom of general Task settings.
To edit a specific Status, click on either the Task name (1) or the wrench-icon (2).
- First, insert or edit the Title of the status (1), which will become a choice for the applicant within the Task. The Title should be brief, but descriptive enough to set out the status (progress) of the Task.
- The description (2) stands dor the logic of the task status option. If filled, then DreamApply should be notified, so the logic will be applied to the choice.
- Having the status public (3) is a norm, if you want the task status to be visible for the applicant. Only publicly visible tasks can be selected by the applicant. If you need a task option for the administrators only, then leave this empty. This may be necessary for statuses, which are used to inform the applicant about the Task progress. For example, receiving the documents sent by post.
- By making the status default (4), the status will be selected, before the applicant takes action. This would be necessary in case of the example below, which shows that the applicant has not yet taken a language test.
- The Effect (5) of the Task will show, whether the Status solves the Task or not. The default would be that the Task still “Needs attention”. If the Task is crucial to the admission process, you may enable the option to “Block the task”, meaning that the applicant cannot submit before the Task has been paid attention to. Similarly, it is possible to have the Task resolved by the applicant. For this, enable “Resolves task” or “Closes the task”.
- It is possible to set a reminder per each Status (1) with the set interval. The reminder will be delivered from the time of task creation for the set amount of days (2).
- You may personalise the content of the reminder-email (3). It is possible to use the system default message, use a content template or type it manually (4).
- The notification title may be edited (5). This title will be enforced upon the notification, which is sent to the applicant if you use the task for informative purposes, i.e. insert text in the task’s text field and send it out to the applicant. It is possible to use the system default message, use a content template or type it manually (6).
To be able to add a new status to the list, click to + New status. This will create a new status, which should be edited according to the description above.
Deleting a status
To delete a status, first click on the wrench-icon (1) and click to Delete the status.
Deleting a status will remove the status from the applicants, who have not yet received the task, but also from the applicants, who have not yet chosen this status.
NB! Don’t forget to Save changes, before moving on to other statuses!
- These settings must be repeated for each status of the task.
- Keep in mind that there must be a “default” option among the statuses and there cannot be more than one of “default” options.